Children's Dentistry in Calgary, AB
Our dentists at Oasis Dental have the skills and experience to make your child’s dental visit memorably positive. Call our dental office in Calgary, AB, to book an appointment today.
We strive to educate, encourage, and advocate excellent oral health at Oasis Dental. We hope that each child can avoid tooth decay and have a healthy, beautiful smile throughout their lives.
We found that young parental engagement in dental care at home is essential. We demonstrate home care strategies to parents and caregivers.
We attempt to assist parents in developing a program that fits their lifestyle. We’ve discovered that a parent’s attention, understanding, and motivation at home are critical to your child’s dental health success.
What Parents Can Expect
We aim to maintain a kid-friendly and fun atmosphere while delivering positive dental experiences for your child. We use cutting-edge technology at Oasis Dental to benefit each child even more. According to the American Dental Association’s recommendations, we employ the most modern sanitation techniques. Every device used in your child’s mouth will be disposable or sanitized.
We check our sterilization weekly. We also use an automated telephone system, which confirms and reminds you of your appointments. We will not only examine your child’s mouth during their first dental visit, but we will also review your child’s home care regimen.
We’ll work with you to create a plan that fits your schedule while preventing degradation. Our dentist at Oasis Dental will discuss your treatment choices with you if your child has any difficulties or signs of decay. If the dentist suspects your child is at risk of developing cavities, they may urge you to come in for more frequent checkups and evaluations.
Children’s Oral Health Exam
We’ll go through your child’s medical history and talk about your worries regarding their teeth. The hygienist will discuss home care, tooth brushing, nutrition and eating habits, and oral routines with you. They’ll talk about things like pacifiers and thumb sucking, and they’ll answer any questions you have.
After that, the dentist will undergo a comprehensive examination and count all teeth. Your child’s head, neck, teeth, and intra-oral soft tissue are all examined. Radiographs, sometimes known as x-rays, are helpful in the dental health care of newborns, children, adolescents, and those with particular medical needs.
What Children’s Dental Services Do We Provide?
At Oasis Dental, we strive to provide comprehensive oral care for your child or children to assist in maintaining optimal oral hygiene and a problem-free smile for years. Some of the most common treatments our general dentists in SE Calgary provide include the following:
- Dental cleanings and check-ups: Routine dental cleanings and check-ups from our general dentist near you are crucial for maintaining oral health and preventing future dental problems like cavities and gum disease.
- Fluoride treatments: Children and adolescents are at high risk of developing cavities due to tooth decay. Fluoride treatments can strengthen tooth enamel and prevent cavities. The treatment is safe and effective when done under the guidance of our experienced children’s dentist in Calgary.
- Dental fillings: Our dentist in Calgary uses dental fillings to treat cavities caused by tooth decay. Fillings are a standard procedure for children and can prevent further damage.
- Sealants: Dental sealants rank as one of the most effective measures for molars molars and premolars of your child from decay and cavities. As a step in the process, our dentist will apply a thin film of a composite resin material on the chewing surface of the back teeth, making it smoother and easy to clean. Easy for kids and easy for parents!
- Orthodontic treatment: Children with misaligned teeth are at a greater risk of developing dental and TMJ problems. Orthodontic treatments like metal braces and Invisalign® aligners can treat this misalignment and give your child a beautiful smile.
Please book an appointment at Oasis Dental to learn how we can help your child maintain a healthy, happy smile.
Whether you need teeth removed or you’re missing teeth, our dentists in Calgary can replace..
We aim to educate, encourage, and advocate excellent oral health for all of our patients..
If you have teeth damaged in an accident or by tooth decay, our dentists in..
If you have dental pain, you may feel like making an appointment to have the..
Have you ever taken a bite of hard food, like a nut, broke a tooth,..
Do you notice other people’s smiles and wish yours was as healthy as theirs? Well,..
Thanks to improved dental technology and preventives, fewer people know what having a cavity feels..
Do You Grind Your Teeth? You May Have a Condition Known as Bruxism Do you..
Oasis Dental offers cosmetic procedures to restore the appearance of your teeth and repair damaged..
Most people appreciate a bright, beautiful smile. Whether you have a big event happening soon..
Sleep apnea is a chronic condition that can cause various issues during sleep. A person..
Some people need a bit of extra care in the dentist office. Whether this is..
Whenever possible, our dentists in Calgary prioritize saving teeth. In some cases, this may mean..
During an accident, you could have several teeth knocked out of your top or lower..
If you want to maintain healthy teeth, it’s vital to brush them twice a day,..
If you have crooked teeth, two options for straightening them are metal braces or clear..
Mouthguards are designed to keep your teeth and gums safe from injury. Mouth and jaw..
Losing teeth due to trauma or disease can be devastating for some people because it..
Gum disease is one of the most common conditions of the mouth in North America..
In times in which the concept of image is prioritized, aesthetics has become something fundamental..
Visiting our dentists near you is essential for keeping up with your oral hygiene. At..
Most people are aware that they should regularly visit their general dentist for cleanings or..
A damaged smile can devastate a person’s quality of life. It can harm a person’s..
At Oasis Dental, we understand that weekend dental emergencies can be challenging. Our team of..